Monday 19 August 2013

Time of our lives

by SCOTT LIM

It's quite amazing how 4 months could fly by and you're sitting in front of your computer thinking of the times where you had to go to places just for reviews or make sure everything was in place for the final lap - the printing of NOSH mag. Working with this team has been a completely unique experience, I don't think I have ever worked in a team where each individual was so different but with the differences we were still able to rush across the finish line with our heads held high.

What a lovely experience this has been and how apt as well, to think creating a magazine from scratch would be the way I would finish my last semester in school. Completely lost and directionless in the beginning, I have only the dedicated writers in the team to thank and their easy-going nature made this experience that much more enjoyable.

Watching Dewi (our designer) create layouts from scratch was absolutely amazing. At first she struggled to find her footing but as we neared the end, she really pulled through and carried the weight of our team on her shoulders. So thank you Dewi, for everything because I honestly do not know how we could've done this without you - a true figure of inspiration.

Everyone else in the team also played a vital role as I learnt more about each writer, I could not help but feel more attached to them. I am going to miss the 8 am classes where we sat in class, lethargic from the lack of sleep, brainstorming with macdonald's on the side.

I will think fondly of the times where we headed out to Haji Lane for our communal article and the time where we made red velvet cupcakes at Mandy's lovely home. So I would just like to thank everyone for making this an incredible journey for me. It was thanks to you guys we now have NOSH.

No comments:

Post a Comment