Friday 5 July 2013

Prepping for Internship

By MANDY

Today we had the great pleasure of having Ms Deborah Tan and the Material Girls speak to us. They talked to us about internship readiness, and it was incredibly enlightening.

One thing that struck me the most was to "not expect to step into the shoes of the big guns immediately". It was a rather humbling experience, hearing their "horror stories" and their advice. I learnt that an intern should always be open-minded and to make the full-timers lives easier.

I've been nervous about internship for quite a while now, and today's talk really made me feel a little less anxious. I realized that everyone makes mistakes during internship, and it's okay to be scared, but as long as I show up to work with passion and spark, with a drive to learn, my internship experience will be a fulfilling one.

Everyone starts from somewhere, and even at the bottom, it will be an enriching experience and take you far. After listening to their talk, I hope to be invested and interested in whatever I do when I intern, and learn as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment