Thursday 27 June 2013

Nosh Update: Layouts

By DEWI

So the Nosh Team has started doing mock story layouts for our magazine!
Mock layout using two of our backgrounders 

This is the first draft of a layout I did and it was my first time using InDesign to do up a magazine layout. Let's just say I was experimenting with InDesign. I admit I was struggling because I have no prior knowledge of it. This layout it pretty plain and boring at the moment so there's still a lot to work on. I am rather embarrassed of it, to be completely honest. Here's to many sleepless nights googling up InDesign tutorials and trying to figure out how to use it.

I am now currently working on a two page layout for the Haji Lane spread, using food magazines like Appetite and Flavours as inspiration. I'm intrigued by the minimalistic yet sophisticated feel of these magazines. They're just so pleasant to look at. 


Some of the pictures the Editor has selected to be used in the magazine

Special thanks to Pam and Wei Sze for helping me out with the Haji Lane layout today! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment