Saturday 17 August 2013

Hot Off The Presses

by MANDY CHNG

It's finally over. After edits, edits and more edits, we have finally printed our magazine. Seeing our baby being born, and being done with the module was rather surreal. I can't believe all of us managed to do it.

It is rather unbelievable that us, six students, could produce a magazine. At the start, I had no idea what was in store for us.

There is so much more to is than to just merely write and print. There was a huge amount of thought, planning and hardwork put in in order to execute the entire project.

In the beginning, I had troubles finding my voice while writing, and am very thankful that after going through this module, I feel that my writing skills have been sharpened.

To be the photographer for NOSH mag was definitely a challenge. I had to hustle from place to place, covering the different stories from the other writers. I did not have much experience taking beautiful shots, nor did I have the skill to edit our pictures. But thankfully, Mr. Victor Seow was patient and kindly taught me through.

Another challenge during this module was also teamwork. In a group of 6, all with very different personalities and opinions, it was not easy communicating and working together at the start. But from this, I learnt to look past our inhibitions and work collectively towards a goal. I learnt that everybody has to make an effort, and sometimes do more than their assigned roles. Even though I was just a photographer, I tried my best to ease the slack by doing the back advertisement design, and help out with the planning process, as well.

I am very glad to have been able to work with the NOSH team the past few months. It was an enriching experience to have become friends with them and to go through the uphill battle with them. And most of all, I am ecstatic that it is all finally over.

No comments:

Post a Comment